Thursday, December 20, 2012

Todo sobre mi madre

A while back, I posted a list of my favorite things (how narcissistic!).  As I listen to some Sade, I feel compelled to list some of my mom's favorite things as she greatly influenced my tastes.

1.  Sade (obviously)
2.  Boston Red Sox (also obvious, if you knew her)
3.  UConn men's basketball
4.  cooking (she was great at this)
5.  baking (she was even better at this)
6.  Bill Murray
7.  New England in the fall
8.  Jameson Irish whiskey (on the rare occasion that she drank alcohol)
9.  Indian food
10. Thai food
11.  her best friend and sister, Pat
12.  the color pink
13.  needlepoint
14.  "Dancing with the Stars"
15.  Shakespeare
16.  Colin Firth
17.  politics
18.  the St. Joseph Indian School charitable foundation
19.  learning
20.  being a teacher--she was a fabulous teacher and the best one I ever had

No comments:

Post a Comment